The Resource The railway man.
- The railway man.
- War films
- Lomax, Eric -- Drama
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Conscript labor -- Drama
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired
- Biographical films
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, Japanese -- Drama
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Atrocities -- Drama
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, Scottish | Drama
- Prisoners of war -- Great Britain -- Biography | Drama
- Feature films
- Prisoners of war -- Thailand -- Biography | Drama
- Burma-Siam Railroad -- History -- Drama
- Based on an autobiography, this film tells the true story of Eric Lomax, a British Army officer who is captured by the Japanese during WWII and sent to a POW camp, where he is tortured and forced to work on the Thai-Burma Railway. Years later, and still suffering the psychological trauma of his wartime experiences, Lomax is persuaded by his wife Patti to find and confront one of his captors. Accompanied by his best friend, Lomax returns to the scene of his torture and manages to track down his captor, Japanese officer Takashi Nagase, from the prison camp, in an attempt to let go of a lifetime of bitterness and hate
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- Rated R
- Language note
- English dialogue; English and Spanish subtitles; subtitled for the deaf and hard of hearing
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .R35 2014
- Colin Firth, Nicole Kidman, Jeremy Irvine, Stellan Skarsgård, Hiroyuki Sanada
- live action
ContextContext of The railway man.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The railway man.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.essexpl.org/resource/z3DW3TiBWr8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.essexpl.org/resource/z3DW3TiBWr8/">The railway man.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.essexpl.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.essexpl.org/">T.O.H.P. Burnham Free Library (Essex)</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by T.O.H.P. Burnham Free Library (Essex). Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...